About Hot Tub & Pool Maintenance - Pool Tips
- Clean your hot tub filters often - at least once a month, or more often if your hot tub or spa is used frequently. In general, the more bathers sitting in your hot tub or spa, the more often you need to clean the hot tub filters.
- How to Clean Hot Tub Filters - use a product specifically designed for pool and spa filter cleaning. Filter cleaning products remove oils and other particles that would otherwise remain trapped in the pool filter. Follow the directions on the container for the specific product you are using.
- High Altitude & Variable Climate - The Lake Tahoe area has four distinct seasons which means your spa can freeze in the winter if electricity is cut off for an extended period of time. This can cause $1,000s in damage to your hot tub or spa or even render it beyond repair. Therefore, it is crucial in the winter months, to have your spa unit regularly checked for proper operation to prevent freezing and protect your investment. It is also prudent to check for proper operation following power outages. Penrose Pool & Spa can help you with this.
- Lake Tahoe & Truckee Water Supply - Our local water supply has less calcium than many urban or suburban localities. This means granular calcium may need to be added to your tub's water when filling your hot tub or replacing your spa's water.
- Pool Water Cleaners & Sanitizers - Keep a supply of water cleaners and water sanitizers on hand to ensure your spa's water chemistry provides a clean and healthful environment for your family and your spa's guests.